Yes-  it is hot- but we're not dealing with the fires so much.  If you look
at the website Bill provided you'll see a lot of the fires are south of us
(we live in Hamilton) and Darby ( our neighbor to the south) or north like
Missoula. We've been hiking and kayaking around here and it has been fine.
When we get a south wind it gets a bit smokey though.  So far our ski area,
Lost Trail, is fine.  That burned so much in 2000 that it doesn't have so
much fuel to burn now.

Jay got an awesome picture of a lightning strike the other night- some
people think it looks like it may be one that started a fire down there.
Back in June we also saw a lightning strike a tree up on a mountain.  It was
so cool to see the tree just burst into flame.  Fortunately it was pretty
moist back then and the fire went out in a few minutes.  Sure enough Jay got
a picture of that as well.

So as the old car commercial said "Life is more exciting in Montana."