At 05:38 PM 8/30/2005, you wrote:
>As someone who snowboards, I have to ask, this is considered
>misconduct?   I see kids doing this all the time.  Just curious, Chris.

Sort of depends, Chris.  When you do this, you're effectively minimizing
the control of the ski, since all the force of the ski against the snow is
behind the heelpiece of the binding.  As a result, you really can't turn or
stop. If I was still a patroller and saw someone doing this in a crowded
area at any type of significant speed, you can bet I'd stop that individual
for a little heart-to-heart and a polite request to do that stuff
elsewhere.  If they started being a dick about out, I'd consider pulling
the pass.  If they're in a wide open area and not endangering anyone but
themselves, hey - I could care less.