Peter Salts [[log in to unmask]] writes:

*	Looks like my 8 yo daughter will be joining the MRG junior race
team this coming season.  I am
*	contemplating upgrading her equipment but am looking for some
list advice.  I purchased a pair of
*	run of the mill straight kids skis for $10 3 summers ago: K2
stingers.  I mounted them with Look
*	bindings and she has been skiing well so far.  Will newer skis
dramatically improve her skiing?  Will
*	she need a race ski at this age?

Race ski, no.

But a shaped ski? YOU BET! At age 8 with the basics down, the extra
edging & carving of a shaper goes a long way, especially when
negotiating gates trying to maintain some speed.

(Scoot me her current specs backchannel- I probably have something
appropriate. Eight years old already? My how time flies, eh!?!)

dana
_____________ ________ __