On 8/30/05, Peter Salts <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Looks like my 8 yo daughter will be joining the MRG junior race team this
> coming season.  I am contemplating upgrading her equipment but am looking
> for some list advice.  I purchased a pair of run of the mill straight kids

Don't worry too much about equipment at this point, as a race ski of
some kind is certainly not necessary.  Contact the coaches or program
director - they should be able to tell you if she really needs to
upgrade from the Stingers (they may think it best to see her ski
before making any judgement).

For now, I would just make sure the boots fit well, that they are not
bricks (reasonably easy to flex) and are warm and comfortable.  Having
fun is the primary goal at this point.  Your daughter's skiing will
improve without her even realizing it; with or without new equipment.

It's a great age to start such a program.  She'll likely make some new
friends and have a blast.