Peter Salts [[log in to unmask]] writes:

Ø       Looks like my 8 yo daughter will be joining the MRG junior race team this coming season.  I am
Ø       contemplating upgrading her equipment but am looking for some list advice.  I purchased a pair of
Ø       run of the mill straight kids skis for $10 3 summers ago: K2 stingers.  I mounted them with Look
Ø       bindings and she has been skiing well so far.  Will newer skis dramatically improve her skiing?  Will
Ø       she need a race ski at this age?

Race ski, no.

But a shaped ski? YOU BET! At age 8 with the basics down, the extra edging & carving of a shaper goes a long way, especially when negotiating gates trying to maintain some speed.

(Scoot me her current specs backchannel- I probably have something appropriate. Eight years old already? My how time flies, eh!?!)

dana

_____________ ________ __