Today there was (is) a Barred Owl at the Taft Corners Shopping Center,
Williston.   After burning a roll and a half of film I spoke with a  woman who
worked there.  She indicated the bird had been there all day and  was quite
tolerant of traffic.   People had been stopping to see it  all day.  The sighting
was unusual in that the bird was  sitting adjacent to the service road in the
back of the shopping center, in  a small white pine, at about eye-level when
standing, or sitting in a car.   Thus, without getting out of your car, it was
possible to be within 20 feet of  the bird.  I'll remember this one for awhile!

Terry