I stopped by Charlotte Town Beach this morning (23 Sept 2005) at about 7:30 to see what was moving down the lake.  Ted Murin and Dick Lavallee were already there when I arrived, and Ted had seen an adult or sub-adult POMARINE JAEGER fly by at exactly 7:07 am.  Nothing comparable to a jaeger passed by during the hour that I was there, but there was quite a bit of activity on the lake.  Here are some species and/or numbers that stand out in my head:

Northern Pintail--Ted counted 325+ individuals
White-winged Scoter--10+ birds seen flying south; 8 birds flying north and eventually landing on the water
Common Loon--a few birds seen flying south
Bonaparte's Gull--hundreds to thousands(?) of birds seen across the lake at Noblewood Park in Willsboro and in surrounding waters
Killdeer--34 birds at the outlet of the little creek
Semipalmated Plover--two individuals in the same spot
White-rumped Sandpiper--two individuals with the plovers; Dick says they have been here for several days

That's all that I can remember right now.  Perhaps Ted and Dick will have more to report later!

Matt Medler
Charlotte