Tuesday near Fern Lake saw a very busy hummer day at
the feeder.  But yesterday I only saw one female. The
Monarchs are beginning to drift south and a multitude
of dragonflies are zooming round the lawns.  I watched
two immature Common Yellowthroats flitting about in
the flower garden, tcheppping away happily.   My
goldfish pond has acquired two tiny little frogs,
joining the two really big ones that spent the summer
there.  The woods are pretty quiet, except for the
Pileated and lots of Chickadees.  Greystripe feeder
has a mob of young or molting Bluejays every day, at
least a dozen in this flock.

Shelagh in Leicester.