Dear Flownetters:
we're using KinetDx digital archive, sold through Siemens since we've gone
to all Antares duplex scanners- I and my Vascular Surgery colleagues are
very frustrated for several reasons:
1) no sound
2) video clips of spectra don't show changing position of the sample volume
(the image doesn't change, you just get to see the spectrum sweeping)
3) Siemens said the $2000 workstations were adequate, but we often get
message "not enough memory" when we try to play clips, so we may have to
buy the $40,000 workstations that our Cardiologists use
4) the web version that we use when off-campus is awful for video and
doesn't let us mark studies as "Read"

we are likely to change our Flow-Labs to be DICOM compatible to make all
our studies digital archived, but has anyone had experience with other
archive software that doesn't have those problems?
thanks
Joe

Joseph R. Schneider, MD, PhD
Professor, Vascular Surgery
Associate Director, Northwestern General Surgery Residency
Northwestern University Medical School

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the
addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may
constitute proprietary or non-public information under international,
federal, or state laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying,
distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail.