From: Gene A Doverspike RVT <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 08:21:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Waveform

Kelly,

Either way is an acceptable method for obtaining Doppler waveforms.

However, in case there is a question about the reimbursement portion of
this procedure in our audience, obtaining isolated waveforms using a duplex
ultrasound machine during the course of a physiologic exam does not
constitute performance of an Extremity Duplex Arterial Exam.  So the 93922,
93923 and 93924 codes are still applicable, not 93925 or 93926.

Gene Doverspike, RVT