Kirk,
I didn't connect the dots on this accident until your post but,
according to the press he was conducting a "Young Eagles" flight,
which is a program designed to introduce young people to aviation.
How sad to lose someone who was in the act of giving of himself to
others. Link to the story can be found here. http://www.avweb.com/
eletter/archives/avflash/492-full.html
Jeff