we use the continuos wave doppler "pencil probe" on our Vasoguard system
when doing a segmental pressure study.
On the other hand, we also do an ABI along with all color flow imaging
studies of the lower extremity and when we do those we do not obtain an
additional waveform with the pencil probe, since we presumably already
have one from the color flow study.

Bill Beymer BS, RVT, RDMS
Section Manager
Diagnostic Imaging
260.373.4704 (office)
260.373.4724 (Fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/19/05 08:45:48 >>>

I am curious about how different laboratories acquire Doppler waveforms
for ABI/Seg Pressures. Do you obtain them with the physiologic equipment
or with the duplex scanner? Does it matter as long as a waveform is part
of the record?Kelly Estes RVT, RDCS, RDMS

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH INC.
and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly
prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have
reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please
promptly
If you believe that any information contained in this message is
disparaging or harassing on the basis of gender, race, age,
disability,
religion, or national origin, please contact Novant Health, Inc. at 1
-888-378-8250 or 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
Thank you. To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link
to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html