From: UVM Flownet on behalf of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu 10/13/2005 8:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ABI questions from curious student

Don,
A few questions and comments for you and the group. I'm assuming   when
people speak of "ABIs" they mean ABIs AND waveforms (Doppler or PVRs) from the
ankle levels; otherwise, no CPT code 93922 reimbusement.   There is no CPT code
for "noninvasive physiologic studies of lower extremities, single level,
bilateral, etc." with exercise.   The 93924 code for "noninvasive physiologic studies
at rest and following treadmill stress testing, etc   indicates that it
should be a "complete bilateral study" . Have you or anyone else ever been
challenged by local Medicare carriers about this short-cut, i.e. ABI's with treadmill
testing?   Is it OK to do this?

Steve Knight- Your comment about Collegues out there who will ask why you
don't image in the first place.. Do you mean those collegues who have never heard
of ICAVL recommendations on lower extremities testing, or those that don't
need to bother with CMS and Medicare guidelines for reimbursement of lower
arterial exams?   BTW, You didn't steal the MacDonalds analogy of consistency from
Ms. Jean Primozich did you?
Respectfully.
Rob Daigle