we use the continuos wave doppler "pencil probe" on our Vasoguard system when doing a segmental pressure study.
On the other hand, we also do an ABI along with all color flow imaging studies of the lower extremity and when we do those we do not obtain an additional waveform with the pencil probe, since we presumably already have one from the color flow study.

Bill Beymer BS, RVT, RDMS
Section Manager
Diagnostic Imaging
260.373.4704 (office)
260.373.4724 (Fax)

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/19/05 08:45:48 >>>

I am curious about how different laboratories acquire Doppler waveforms for ABI/Seg Pressures. Do you obtain them with the physiologic equipment or with the duplex scanner? Does it matter as long as a waveform is part of the record?

Kelly Estes RVT, RDCS, RDMS

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH INC.
and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained
herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise
confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have
reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly
If you believe that any information contained in this message is
disparaging or harassing on the basis of gender, race, age, disability,
religion, or national origin, please contact Novant Health, Inc. at 1
-888-378-8250 or 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
Thank you.