Flownetters,

 I actually read a lot of the articles published,especially regarding
venous disease,ect., mostly because of Dr Bergan.

Yesterday I heard this Maclaren guy talk-very good,one legged world
record setter quadplegic-and inconjuction with him you hear the story of
this other guy who is from Ghana and hopes to change the attitude of his
people in 10 years (they tend to kill babies born with disabilities
still)In a year he had them making wheelchairs out of lawnchairs and
tubing.

Look at the date the article on SFV vs FV was published-1995-10 yrs ago,
that means that the discussion was older than that(I know this)
Nomenclature is not a new subject, Professor Cagiatti's work did not
start 2 years ago. His is a detailed evaluation which was used with
cadavers and ultrasound on living.

My question is -Why is it we cannot adapt this to practice? I work in a
hospital full time and have my work with DrBergan. The hospital reading
doc says-Well I can see the use of GSV and SSV but not SFV vs FV? ??One
is directly related to patient care more so than the other. We cannot
buy coffee makers in this country that heat water as high as other
countries because some lady spilled hot coffee in her lap in a car. In
hospitals you can't put anything under a sink cupboard because some
nurse  had her purse flooded. And the Vascular Community  has resisted
change of a term that has been linked to diagnosis problems for how many
years? It seems it must start with us to go to the other specialties.

Lisa

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email,
including any attachments, is private, confidential and protected from
disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
unauthorized review, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.  Pacific Vascular, Inc.