Flownetters,

 I actually read a lot of the articles published,especially regarding venous disease,ect., mostly because of Dr Bergan.

Yesterday I heard this Maclaren guy talk—very good,one legged world record setter quadplegic—and inconjuction with him you hear the story of this other guy who is from Ghana and hopes to change the attitude of his people in 10 years (they tend to kill babies born with disabilities still)In a year he had them making wheelchairs out of lawnchairs and tubing.

Look at the date the article on SFV vs FV was published—1995—10 yrs ago, that means that the discussion was older than that(I know this) Nomenclature is not a new subject, Professor Cagiatti’s work did not start 2 years ago. His is a detailed evaluation which was used with cadavers and ultrasound on living.

My question is –Why is it we cannot adapt this to practice? I work in a hospital full time and have my work with DrBergan. The hospital reading doc says-Well I can see the use of GSV and SSV but not SFV vs FV? ??One is directly related to patient care more so than the other. We cannot buy coffee makers in this country that heat water as high as other countries because some lady spilled hot coffee in her lap in a car. In hospitals you can’t put anything under a sink cupboard because some nurse  had her purse flooded. And the Vascular Community  has resisted change of a term that has been linked to diagnosis problems for how many years? It seems it must start with us to go to the other specialties.

Lisa

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email, including any attachments, is private, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.  Pacific Vascular, Inc.

To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html