kathy - the IU22 by Phillips Medical is a fine machine and is ergonomically very much improved over previous consoles.   It is also better set-up for you to proceed to digital storage if that's in your immediate future.  On the other hand, there are a few things to consider.  The system does not have TCD software or a TCD probe and cannot perform these studies.  And, the IU22 does not support the compact linear probes that many of us use for intraoperative work.  While Phillips assures us that these probes and options will be forthcoming - they are not available at this time and a date for availability is also not yet announced.  I think in general you'll find the system comparable to the Phillips 5000 system.
kathryn

-------Original Message-------

Date: 09/30/05 12:17:41
Subject: Re: In the market for a new or refurbished imager

Dear Flownetters;
Does anyone have the new IU 22 from Philips and could give me a comparison of it with the HDI 5000.  We currently have 2 HDI 5000's and will be purchasing an additional imager in the near future.  We do lots of abdominal work (AAA, renal, mesenteric, iliac duplex) plus tons of carotids, bypass graft surveillance, native LE arterial duplex, etc, etc.  If there is something out there that far exceeds our current imagers, we might consider it, otherwise will go with refurbished.  Thanks for any input.  Kathy Cooper