  From: Stacey Perrodin RVT RDMS RDCS
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders

  I walking down our hall outside of our clinic and the Physician next door happen to be a sport medicine physician.  I saw him today, yes that fast. It is my middle trapzoid muscle that is inflamed.  He injected it and i am to see him next week.  The muscle felt better for about 30 minutes and I can turn my head much better.  He suggest if this does not work to see a certian chiropractor that he likes that works more with muscle.

  My question is - this injury is this muscle or is it the shoulder joint?

  What exercises should I be doing?

  Stacey

  Joan P Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    You need a COMPLETE evaluation, a full PE plus tests depending on the signs and symptoms, such test MIGHT be plain x-rays, MRI, EMG. Use an occupational medicine or sports medicine MD.Once you have a diagnosis expect therapy of medication, rest, PT or a combination of therapy, if you do not respond to therapy seek a second opinion within a couple of months. Therapy should not be for months without some improvement.

    Most important what is it about your technique of scanning produced this pain and injury you MUST fix that or you will re-injure immediately you return to scanning.

    What state do you live in? What large medical center is close to you? Do not agree to surgery until you have explored all other options. Do not abduct your arm to more than 30 degrees, support your forearm when scanning. Take breaks and stretch you shoulder muscles at least 5 times per day.

    Joan