Dear Lynn and MedLibbers --
We are doing the following for NMLM 2005 :
1) a drawing where we ask participants to guess how many books and AV (not
counting journals) we have in the library
2) Winner gets a gift certificate to a local book store
3)  Other Door prizes include road atlases, etc.
All entrants can have a treat from the candy dish.
4) Book display of books enthusiastically recommended by our patrons
(I have a 1/4 size sheet listing their name and department slipped into each
book on display.  We are also encouraging people to make more
recommendations.  This gives people a sense of ownership to the
libraries--they really can make a contribution to the collections with just
a suggestion!
5) Matching Game where participants match the recommended title to the
recommender's name--some of them are surprising!  This also shows the
breadth of our collections--not just health and medical, but audiobooks (for
fun!) and management titles as well.  This will appear in the corporate wide
Weekly newsletter.
6) Featuring/Introducing our new and improved Evidence-based Practice
pyramid in the style of U of Washingiton's EBM Summary of Tools and the
modified Hayes Pyramid.
7) Archival Photo albums where participants/visitors help us name the people
in the pictures from local events happening here at the hospital in recent
history.  These are always a hit as people stroll down memory lane ...  And
it's a useful task as we get the pictures labeled for future viewers.
8)  Bulletin Board with the MLA Poster and the Wisconsin Archives Week
poster (Wisconsin Women).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Michele Matucheski, MLS, AHIP
Librarian
The Clark Family Health Science Library
Mercy Medical Center - Affinity Health System
500 S. Oakwood Rd. - Box 3370
Oshkosh  WI 54903-3370

Voice (920)223-0340
Fax (920)223-0343

"Expert care begins with expert information."