Hi Kathy

What a fun idea! You might try this web site. It's got a nice
assortment of fortunes and quotes-- great for fortune cookies and
pre-defined fortunes.  http://www.backgroundsarchive.com/fortune.php

I realize that you asked for "fortunes" that you can tell as a fortune
teller, but you might want to consider the fortunes found inside
fortune cookies.

A few years ago someone from Virginia submitted these to me for library
fortune cookies.

  "Virginia law forbids bathtubs in the house; tubs must be kept in the
yard."
"A day without sunshine is like night."
"Librarians are the secret masters of the world. They control
information. Don't ever piss one off."
  " Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get
up."

I found these in my history folder from a 2001 law library listserv.

"When the answer absolutely, positively has to be there overnight; ask a
librarian".
  "There's a finite number of legal research questions; your librarian
has
already answered most of them."

By the way, you could modify your costume to be a Chinese "wizard" if
you want to link fortune cookies to your costume. And if you enter
"fortune cookies" into Google, you'll find a zillion places where you
can purchase cookies of every flavor imaginable.

Happy October!

Chris
Chris Olson, M.L.S., M.A.S.
Chris Olson & Associates
Marketing Consultants to Information Professionals

410.647.6708  |  http://www.ChrisOlson.com  |  Skype
callto://ChrisOlsonHello

Let us guide you through the marketing maze!