On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:06:05 -0400, Jonathan S. Shefftz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 19:26:37 -0400, Scott Braaten <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>>You wouldn't believe it unless you were there yourself.
>- I was there, and I still almost can't believe it.  Then again, I was
>there Wednesday and skied all that stuff untracked, but somehow it just
>didn't seem possible that it would all still be there today, served by
>lifts, with no liftlines, and all the trails pretty deserted by the
>afternoon.  I mean, skiing lower Ovation at any time of year is fun, but
>with soft snow, with no rocks, after 4pm . . . in October?!?

Exactly.  It was one for the record books.  You know when you lay at
night, dreaming of the perfect ski day with lift access, not a lot of
people, and acres and acres of fresh powder that only gets mildly cut up
at most?  Well that was today, and it was not a dream.  Screamin' GS turns
at 11am on Ovation and Superstar was something else.  Nice, windpacked
powder with nothing to hit...just let the fatties run.  Then all of the
little trails (like Vagabond's picture at www.basinski.com) with nice
untracked powder.

>But:
>>I skied powder from 8am till 3pm non-stop
>- How could you possibly tear yourself away from there before the
>bullwheels stopped turning?

I dont know, but I could barely stand.  No lunch, no water, no nothing
until 3 and I found myself falling on nearly every powder turn on that
last run down.  Just letting it run until I got bucked off the ground by a
mound of powder only to land in more fluffy snow...it was almost giggling
inducing fun today.

-Scott