Friday was a 13 hour Dronefest that only got tougher as the day went on with me getting sliced 'n diced past sunset.  Good thing my sharp audit eyes picked out some critical discrepancies in testing for an ETL process earlier in the day.  I could not leave as the excuse of "I gotta' get up very early tomorrow to go earn turns" would only confuse the living sh*t outta' my coworkers.  But, all bad things come to an end and I made it home by 9:00PM and gotta' break when I opened an e-mail from the Flight Commander pushing back launching off of the carrier deck from 0700 to 0800.  OK, I could get 5 hours or so of sleep, I deducted.  So I packed my toys including my boards which had been freshly tuned by Strand's in Wstah' .

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz OHMIGAWD!, I woke up in the middle of the night and immediately realized I had not packed my skins.  In a deep sleep, some trigger function in my brain executed an audit program which flagged skins as not being packed. So, I lept outta' bed and grabbed and packed my skins.  Phew!  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

In the morning darkness I punched the accelerator on I-495, firing up on caffeine and first-day-o-skiing adrenaline on the way and arriving at Pico, as ASC Resort - can ya' believe it!  I was brave, too, as I didn't put a bag over my head.

-- End of Part I --

Mark P. Renson
NOTE: new e-mail address -> [log in to unmask]