Neil,

Craftsbury Public Library is in a town like your school's - digitally
neglected. The library uses Star-Band,
http://www.starband.com/services.asp .

PShift in Stowe offers a similar satellite Internet service called
DirectWay,

http://hns.getdway.com/HNS/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?pageid=dwayhome7000&Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity[OID[91908CBE85AD4C428CCD8D5CDB016B51]]
,

Costs seem to be in the $70/month range with $600 setup.  They claim
between 700kps and 1000kps downloads, though I've found it very erratic.
 Sunday mornings seem to be very slow for some reason.

Steve

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Coordinator
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
(802) 899 - 4690  X502
(fax) (802)899-2904

I have a school in the district (several actually) who are very stuck
with
56 frame relay (no cable, dsl, etc.)
I am wondering if any of you have any experience with satellite. We are

looking at Direcway?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
nm

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.