Thanks, John - what an appropriate metaphor!

Ditto to Tommy: Many of us "live and breathe" this discussion. I have just
come from a meeting with Ed. Leaders in preparation for a Board meeting to
propose increased staffing AND a bit more money to replace our 9-year old
equipment... I am currently optimistic but I'm sure reality will hit soon
enough.

Somehow we'll do it anyway, won't we? I guess the real crisis happens when
the work doesn't get done: the danger is in stretching ourselves to the
limit in order to get everything done and having THEM say "Why do you need
help - it's all getting done isn't it?" I guess in order to get additional
support we need to leave things broken for while? Put off cleaning the
principal's spyware-ridden laptop? Neglect to replace the office printer
until it's too late? Let the internet connection stay down for half a day:
THAT would fix 'em!

Happy Friday,

Eric