I encourage you to explore Premier Assistive
Technology, which is offered to schools free by
filling out a one page grant form.  Yes, free.
http://www.premier-programming.com/
It has speech to text, text to speech, scanning to
speech, talking dictionary & calculator, and on-line
tutorials.

--- David Herren <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Fair Haven High School uses the Kurzweil. I have no
> direct experience
> with it myself, but you might want to contact Susan
> Cornell there.
> Her address is available at the fhuhs.org web site
> under "Staff Pages"
>
> On Nov 3, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Bjorn Behrendt wrote:
>
> > The Special Ed teachers at the High School went to
> a conference and
> > were shown a demo of Dragon naturally Speaking,
> and Kurzweil.  I
> > was wondering if anybody had any experience with
> using these two
> > programs or If anybody has some alternatives they
> would suggest.
>

> /david
>
> --
> david herren - shoreham, vt us na terra solsys
> orionarm
>
> "We can come together to heal whatever wounds may
> exist, whatever
> residuals there may be."
>
> -George W. Bush with Congressional leaders,
> Washington, DC, Dec 18, 2000
>
> http://www.bushorchimp.com/

Diane Lemieux
Associate Principal
St. Albans Town Educational Center    Technology Coordinator    Franklin Central Supervisory Union      [log in to unmask]     802-527-7191

http://mail.yahoo.com