Looks good! It will be good to see the feedback we get.

Thanks!

:: Natasha

_____________________________
Natasha Dickerson
Assistant to Superintendent/HR
Franklin West Supervisory Union
Serving Fairfax, Fletcher, & Georgia
997 Main Street, P.O. Box 108
Fairfax Commons, Fairfax, VT 05454
P:  802.849.2283, F: 802.849.2865
W: Coming Soon

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/29/05 11:45 AM >>>
We are investigating the implementation of a WAN that would link the supervisory union and its school districts together. In its initial phase, the plan is to centralize administrative servers and software and to create a means by which the supervisory union and the schools within to share curricula, standards, and student data (for the su only). The shared applications would be accounting (NEMRC), special ed (SpEdDoc), and maybe student administrative software.

I have very little experience using applications over a WAN, so it is hard for me to know what this experience would be like for the user. Our users are accustomed to accessing applications and data from the LAN where response time is quick. It may be hard for them to see the long term benefits of consolidation, if they see a degradation in the speed of their programs.  Bandwidth must be an important consideration in addressing this issue. Can anyone recommend minimums in bandwidth based on approximately 40 concurrent users? Are there other stumbling blocks that those of you with WANs have had to address?

Thanks,

Doug Reaves
Bellows Free Academy
Fairfax, Vermont