I just want to respond to Lauren's point about professional development during the school day. It is allowable to use Title IID funds to pay a teacher a stipend for leading professional development in a role that might be over and above their normal teaching assignment. This might be done in a way similar to paying a teacher a bit extra to also act as a department coordinator.

I believe the Milton School District has a "teacher leader" model in which teachers are paid a stipend to act as technology leaders and in that capacity they provide some level of professional development.

Bill Romond

	-----Original Message-----
	From: School Information Technology Discussion on behalf of Lauren Parren
	Sent: Thu 11/10/2005 7:53 PM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: prof dev

	All this talk about failed professional development reminds me that I've been wanting to ask about successful (yes, it can happen) models of mentoring.  It seems that real time, as-needed mentoring can be one way to make teachers feel less intimidated and more successful.  I've set aside some Title IID funds for a mentoring model, but it is tricky since we can only pay teachers for after-school time when the bulk of their really important work may be during school hours.  I know Diane Lemieux had a good program....anyone else?  How do you fund it?  HOw do you document attempts/success?

	Lauren Kelley Parren
	Educational Technology Coordinator ANESU
	Portfolio Coordinator, Mt.Abraham Union High School
	Bristol, Vermont 05443
	802-453-2333
	fax 802-453-4359