  From: Bill Romond
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 2:47 PM
  Subject: CLARIFICATION - Statewide Technology Integration grant

  Because of the number of calls/e-mails I've received, I need to clarify the intent of the recently released grant opportunity called "Statewide Technology Integration" grant. I apologize if my lack of description has caused confusion.

  The intent of the grant will be to develop an organization of sorts. The grant should bring together, in some way, the "community" of people who are responsible for technology integration. By creating a formal connection for these folks, the grant will pay for the creation of a resource clearinghouse (website probably), means to share materials and ideas, and a structure for future development of the people and resources. The products of this grant should benefit students on a statewide basis.

  While we need to have local school districts involved in some ways with this grant program, it is not the kind of program intended to support individual district technology efforts.

  Again, I'm sorry for any confusion I've created.

  Bill Romond

  Educational Technology Coordinator

  Vermont Department of Education

  120 State Street