I use Dreamweaver to build the templates and have the teachers use contribute.  It has worked out great, and even the non-computer savvy teachers use it with out a problem.  I am also pretty sure they have a mac client for it.   No matter what the client is, I will recommend having several afterschool training sessions.  Not so much to teach different things, but just to give the teachers time to edit pages with a person they think is experienced.

Here are the schools i have set up:
http://www.proctorhs.org/
http://www.proctorelem.org/
http://www.bridportschool.com/