On Nov 21, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Raymond Ballou wrote:

I would be interested in any info re: cost, complexity, and utility.

thanks,

R.

1. UVM has a sharepoint installation as an "intranet" -- our AD is populated with the UVM NetID (which is used for computer access, email, network access, webct, etc.  and groups representing every course at UVM, etc. Mostly it is used by departments or colleges.

2. Forum new learning () in Switzerland uses it an an "extranet" - allowing users to create their own IDs etc.

Basically it it is easy to use, and if you have a robust AD infrastructure, probably useful.

But it's sort of clunky, and probably is not as useful as FirstClass, etc.

Steve