Steve:  This is fascinating.  I'm sure you were there but this caused
me to think in a different way about seeing your students as
collaborators - intelligence officers - in the business of creating
the best learning communities possible.  An entire class could
function on a blog and wiki with several central links to get things
started.  All this positioned in a real world problem with real
people in real settings.  Fascinating stuff.  Love to try it with my
seniors who are student teaching and who have to implement the
strongest collaborative work between and among their students as
possible (to advance the leanring of all kids), often in an
environment where teachers say it can't be done for 1001 reasons.  Ch.

On Dec 9, 2005, at 1:35 PM, Steve Cavrak wrote:

> Wikis (and Blogs) are Not Just For Breakfast Anymore:
>
> “The Wiki and the Blog: Toward a Complex Adaptive Intelligence
> Community”
>
> D. CALVIN ANDRUS (Central Intelligence Agency) [CIA]
> [Studies in Intelligence, September 2005] / Link to full-text
> available at
>
> [ http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=755904 ]
>
> found at http://theoretical-librarian.blogspot.com/

Knowledge emerges only through invention and re-invention, through
the restless, impatient, continuing, hopeful inquiry human beings
pursue in the world, with the world, and with each other.

                         Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed

Charlie Rathbone, PhD.
537 Waterman
Department of Education