On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:23 AM, allen taylor wrote:

> So my question breaks down to this; is it a real pain to get road salt
> etc all over your skis or is it not that big of a deal, or is it a
> real pain that's worth paying a few hundred more to buy a box for?

If you're just driving from B-town to Stowe, the salt on the skis
problem is a non-issue, I say.  On the trip there they'll get a
little dirty, once you start skiing they'll clean up.  On the drive
home they'll get a little dirty again.  Just wipe them down with a
damp rag.

To be nice to the boarders, get a ski / board holder that's one of
the wide, flat variety.  They'll accommodate skis of any width, and
boards too.  Those funky angled ski carriers will not.

A box is nicer, but more expensive and more difficult to store in the
off season.

--
Jason - "redraobwons"