On Dec 10, 2005, at 10:28 PM, T O S wrote:

> So much for my advice.  GMX was down for most of the morning.
> Things got skied off fast when the lift did open.

Different perspective.

We arrived shortly after 9, and the GMX was indeed down. But by the
time we got everyone into boots (9:30? 9:45?), Inverness was running
to get bodies up to North Ridge, and the GMX fired up shortly
thereafter. We skied until about noonthurty: Lower Rim Run was well
covered and fun, Elbow had some good snow on the edges. Not a powder
day, but very acceptable packed powder. The day went something like
up Inverness, down to North Ridge and up, down Rim Run to Summit lift
and up, down Panorama/Elbow/Cruiser/Straight shot to base, up GMX,
down cruiser to north ridge and up, down Rim Run to Summit lift and
up, down Panorama/Elbow/Cruiser/Straight shot to base, in for lunch.

William discovered the carved turn on his first run. He skied pretty
much non-stop every run, except for occasional restful falls: Vickie
had trouble keeping up.

A good training day for all.