Matt Kulas [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>It is very sad that the father does not have anyone who can
>make him realize the harm in his actions.  Others' remarks about
>shooting are callous and almost as innappropriate as Tag's vitriolic
>remarks.

Yeah, talk about compassion-free!! It's one thing if he were going after
them for cash for a permanently banged up knee, but his kid is dead, and
the father is struggling to make sense of it. No matter how much I may
disagree with the merits of the case, I'm not ready to condemn the
grieving parent of a dead 10 year old for lashing out in a non-violent
manner.

Nor am I ready to revamp the legal system to disallow the filing these
claims. The system usually dispenses with meritless claims pretty
quickly (with many notorious exceptions- so don’t load the laundry list
with 'em, OK?) This parent's legal action doesn't reek of "greedy
overreaching scam artist" like many tort claims do- if he wants a
hearing in court, he should have it. (I doubt he'll win though.)

dana
_____________ ________ __