I spent a half a day birding with Ted Murin and some exciting stuff was
going on!  First stop was southeastern Shelburne Bay, where Canada Geese
filled the back lawns of lakeside homes.  There we saw the lone Snow Goose
(I photographed it to have a record) and the Greater White-fronted Goose
hybrid, which was noticeably larger than the surrounding Canada Geese.  I
have a photo of it on my website here:

http://www.hforcier.com/galleries/vermont/hybrid0251.htm

Ted located the Greater White-fronted Goose further away on another lawn,
then we moved on to the boat launch area.  Among the gulls, American Black
Ducks and Mallards, notable birds were a Redhead, some Bufflehead, and
Goldeneye (including a Barrow's).  A Canada Goose sitting on the rocks
appeared to be injured, possibly something wrong with one of its wings.

We headed on towards Addison and saw quite a bit of raptor activity,
including a Peregrine Falcon perched in a tree near an area full of
Starlings, several Rough-legged Haws (both dark morph and light morph), a
female Harrier, and numerous Red-tailed Hawks.  We closed the day on Gage
Road viewing a Short-eared Owl at dusk.

Hopefully I remembered everything correctly!

www.heatherforcier.com
Heather Forcier
Burlington, VT