Ted Murin and I worked our way from Addison north to Shelburne Bay
today.  Some nice January birds included:

American Pipit - Carr Road in Addison (this might be called Sunset off of
Rt. 17, but its Carr off 22A).  Also 4 Lapland Longspurs in with a flock of
~100 Horned Larks and Snow Buntings.
Crown Point Bridge - ~500 Common Goldeneyes, likely more Common Mergansers,
and a distant flock of scaup (sp.).
Peregrine Falcon - One banded bird on Lake Street about 1 mile north of
intersection with Rt. 17.
American Kestrel - A bit further north on Lake Street in Addison.
Fox Sparrow - Arnold Bay Road
Pied-billed Grebe - Button Bay
Belted Kingfisher - Button Bay
American Coot - Long Point
Long-tailed Duck (2) - Long Point (also 53 Hooded Mergansers and a
Red-breasted Merganser here).

Allan

Allan M. Strong
University of Vermont
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
347 Aiken Center
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-2910