It can't be statewide as we had over 55 spp. on the Bennington count alone. Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ruth Stewart<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 9:09 AM
  Subject: [VTBIRD] CBC

  A couople of days ago, VPR reported on the VT Christmas Bird Count.  The
  tally was 43 species... etc.  with Red-bellied WO and C. Wrens of note for
  seen and House and Purple Finches not seen.

  Was this a statewide count total or maybe just the Burlington area.  It also
  mentioned VINS as the coordinator in conjuction with Audubon - I didn't
  realize VINS has taken on this project among its many.

  Anyone have more accurate info on this?

  Ruth Stewart
  E. Dorset