Leigh, I agree with you 100%.  The thing I hate is how parents
put their kid in one sport and they only do that one sport year round.
Skating, hockey, soccer, basketball, swimming and gymnastics are sports
that there are a lot of kids that doing it year round.
We tried to get our kids to do many sports.   It was tough to try and
compete against those kids.

In 11 years of kids ski racing, I have only witnessed two parents that
were over the top.   The first one I mentioned was the worst.  Thing was,
he was a nice guy to talk to.