On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:21:39 -0500, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hey Scott, your forecast is an interesting read regarding the Great Lakes
>Low being less warm and rainy than expected.  If you don't mind, let me
give
>this hands-on report  about  what *appears* to be moving east.
(disclaimer:
>no science involved):

Its all relative.  Less warm and rainy means that 40F today could've been
45F and rain.  This is purely a backbuilding cold airmass in northern New
England as a cold high builds in...but that high couldn't have built into
eastern Quebec if it were not for a weaker and thus cooler low over the
Great Lakes.

Temperature when I posted at 2pm was somewhere around 33F IIRC...outside
my house now it continues to fall (like the snow outside) and is now 30.5F
with a dewpoint of 24F.  Wetbulb temp is comfortably below freezing.

-Scott