T O S [[log in to unmask]] writes:

> What is an accomplished skier?
>
>My cousin thinks he is an accomplished skier.  He
>"can get down anything".   From what I have
>seen, he can fall down anything.
>
>Gregory Hemberger may have been.  He could also have been a total
>hack that thought he was good.   Either way, the press
>is reporting that an accomplished skier died skiing.  Some
>people reading that article are vowing never to try skiing because it
is so
>dangerous.

Really? Name two people making those vows.

They don't really discuss Hemberger's skiing accomplishments- they may
or may not be real.  For all we know he was an USST member in 1970 or
something, or a total hack like me.  Google him and you'll find he was
an accomplished architect, even if his skiing credentials don't jump
right out.  Bummer to get whacked before your time by a pesky tree
though.

I can fall down most anything too, but I think I'll try skiing next time
even if it's dangerous- can't be any more dangerous than falling.  I
wouldn't go so far as to say I'm an accomplished faller or anything...

dana
_____________ ________ __