Oh, man, sorry to hear about your misadventure, Evan. I'm glad that
you're feeling better and hope that your recovery is speedy.

FWIW, I'm an EMT-Basic on Middlebury Ambulance. We are trained not to
try to reset dislocations in the field. Instead, we immobilize the
extremity in a position of comfort (or at least as little discomfort as
possible). AFAIK, EMT-Intermediates are trained the same way.

Dave G.