It’s been better…

But hope springs eternal: I spent an hour yesterday afternoon watching
in amazement while my 5 year old skied on 2-4" of saturated slush &
straw in the pouring rain and another buddy thrashed away on (and later
disappeared with) my brand-new Fischer Boundless. After about 20 laps on
the rope tow completely without parents-in-face Noah comes in
(completely drenched) and sez, "Daddy, I love skiing MORE than you do!",
his thesis supported by his observation that he got in about 10x the
vertical & 100x the turns that I did! :-)

Yes, this IS the year, even if it's an arguably crappy ski year in other
ways so far. There ARE better things ahead, and may be closer than we
know.

While pulling out of the parking lot there was more brown than white
evident on the slope. But it doesn’t matter- if you can have fun skiing
that, you can have fun just about anywhere!

dana
_____________ ________ __