Pine Ridge, MA skiing conditions (no VT content)

Its been better

But hope springs eternal: I spent an hour yesterday afternoon watching in amazement while my 5 year old skied on 2-4" of saturated slush & straw in the pouring rain and another buddy thrashed away on (and later disappeared with) my brand-new Fischer Boundless. After about 20 laps on the rope tow completely without parents-in-face Noah comes in (completely drenched) and sez, "Daddy, I love skiing MORE than you do!", his thesis supported by his observation that he got in about 10x the vertical & 100x the turns that I did! :-)

Yes, this IS the year, even if it's an arguably crappy ski year in other ways so far. There ARE better things ahead, and may be closer than we know.

While pulling out of the parking lot there was more brown than white evident on the slope. But it doesnt matter- if you can have fun skiing that, you can have fun just about anywhere!

dana

_____________ ________ __