-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michalina Wasung Townshend Treasurer
Sent:
Friday, February 24, 2006 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: more on tax bills

Will you all be so kind as to let me know the following - I will post and update the "totals" periodically when I've gotten  good chunks of responses.   Thank you ever so much.

Miki - Townshend Treasurer

Town: Wolcott

Population: 1429

Parcels in Grand List: 920

Number of Tax Collections: 2 – 1 in November and 1 in May

Any comments about multiple due dates - positive or negative - which you are willing to share would be great!

Some in our town think we should go to 4 payments (from 1).  We are about 1,100 population with about 1,100 parcels which include close to 200 'travel trailers' on 2 campgrounds.  We have a certain percentage of out of state owners who are mostly summer or pre-retirees, a huge percent of land in current use, a 1,000 acre state park, a 1,000 Army Corps Dam with "recreation" area, and the Union HS, and a cottage hospital - all of which are for the most part nontaxable.