No I don't mean searching for the snowy owl in East Warren. I mean chasing
the wild geese at Shelburne Bay. A sizeable flock of the resident Canada geese
have taken refuge from the wind for the evening at the mouth of the LaPlatte
River, affording excellent views. Among them are the great-fronted goose (not
 the hybrid) and the snow goose reported earlier. Also, I spotted another
collar-banded Canada goose (H3M5). A belated thanks to Kent McFarland and Kathy
Klimkiewicz via Kevin for pointing me to the website for the North American
Bird  Banding Program. The banded Canada goose I reported previously (J054) was
banded  near Storrs, Ct. in June, 2003, when it was too young to fly. I
received my  prize, a certificate of appreciation, in today's mail.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington