Yesterday was a banner day for birds here in our section of Pownal.  We
had two Redtails perched in the Maple tree overlooking our manure pile
for at least 2 hours yesterday morning.  They often perch there but
don't recall ever for such a long period.   Next the Ravens appeared
while I was out doing barn chores.  There were three of them and they
were quorking their little hearts out while doing their aerial displays.
 Just as I was heading back into the house the Redbellied woodpecker
landed on the peak of the garage roof.
I watched him til he flew down towards the feeder where I can only
assume he filled up on sunflower hearts.  Lots more Redpolls than usual.

Mundi
Pownal