Date:    Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:26:07 -0500
From:    Mundi Smithers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: FW: eBird Report - Green Mountain Audubon Center , 2/11/06

 Played call-back tapes of Barred Owl which solicited response from the Saw-whet; however recorded Saw-whet yielded no response.

I have wondered for a long time how one does the call-back tape thing.  Do you make a recording of  the call and then play it on a regular tape recorder???  If so where do you find the calls and how to you get them to repeat?   I'm imagining that you would have to take a smallish boombox with a tape deck into the woods with you.  Anyone have any advice or suggestions???
Mundi in Pownal