Sharon Lives [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>so what you are saying is that eye-hand coordination competitions are
more
>of a past-time than a sport...hmmmmm, knitting is a past time.

Curling is more than an eye-hand thing, it's more of an eye-whole-body
thing PLUS high-intensity upper body anerobic for the steering sweepers.

Anybody who has actually participated won't be mistaking it for
billiards, shuffleboard, or bowling. Just as skiing can be taken as a
pastime, so can curling, but the really really good guys have a whole
lot of finely tuned kinesthetic sense, strength, & coordination.  (And
no, buckets of reeb DO NOT help your game even though it's played that
way by many amateurs, as is golf and skiing.)

Any of youse Canucks want to chime in? I know y'all have thrown a rock
or ten. (Me, about 20 rocks accumulated lifetime total, and totally
embarrassed by the ringers from north of the border who brought their
own brooms.)

dana
_____________ ________ __