In reading that article, I think the author misunderstands what the tech
means by a "rolled edge." It sounds to me like the tech is talking about
an edge that got so rounded he had to file it down to a hair's breadth
to get it sharp again.

The "edge was peeled out from the ski" are the author's words. The tech
says nothing about that, just that the edge was rolled.

If Bode completely blew an edge, I also don't think the tech would say
that the ski "might" be ruined.

Dave G.