http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?
type=internetNews&storyID=2006-03-02T132458Z_01_N27504760_RTRIDST_0_OUKI
N-UK-MICROSOFT-ORIGAMI.XML
LONDON (Reuters) - The veil of mystery surrounding Microsoft's
secretive Origami portable device lifted just a little on Thursday
after the firm updated the project's cryptic Web site [http://
www.origamiproject.com/2/], hinting that all would be revealed on
March 9.

It may be coincidence, but March 9 is also the launch in Hannover of
CeBit, the world's largest annual trade show for the information and
telecommunications technology industry.

Information from Microsoft on Origami is sketchy to say the least.
Industry reports predict it is the company's long-awaited offering
hoping to take a bite out of rival Apple's all-conquering i-Pod.

The only details released so far have been on the Microsoft
registered website www.origamiproject.com, along with cryptic
questions such as "who am I?", "do you know me?", "do you know what I
can do?" and "wondering where to find me?" sending rumours flying
round Internet Web sites and chatrooms.

Origami is expected to be the size of a paperback book, able to play
music, games, connect to the internet and run software.

The viral marketing approach is well employed by Apple, with a
feeding frenzy of media attention and rumours generated ahead of each
release of the iPod, iBook and iMac products as the often wildly
conflicting information is dripped out drop by drop.

Similar articles (suggesting that the marketing is not viral at all :) :

Associated Press, Microsoft working on paperback-sized PC, Thursday,
March 2, 20. http://business.bostonherald.com/technologyNews/view.bg?
articleid=128716,
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8G38P3G1.htm?
campaign_id=apn_home_down&chan=db,